Wondering which type of magnets have had the best success for businesses like yours? Listed below are the 5 top trending lead magnet types for your industry.
Do you offer Facebook Advertising management to your clients? If so, a collection of effective Facebook ads across specific industries, or purposes can be an interesting asset for business owners to have on hand. This collection is also known as a “swipe file” and can be a great resource for inspiration, comparison, and competition analysis.
Swipe Files are a collection of effective, successful, well created “what evers” depending on your niche. Swipe files are about providing inspiration and saving time.
PROS: They can be quick to create as you are using content created from other sources. It can just consist of those images/files, you don’t have to add extra content of your own.
CONS: As they are collected from other sources be wary of potential copyright infringements.
- A social media marketers swipe file might be:
- A collection of Facebook ads for specific industries or niches, particularly those you serve.
- A collection of popular meme photos that are used as the base of many and varied memes.
- A collection of before and after photos of Facebook pages with improved business pages (profile picture, cover photo, buttons, the side tabs, the about feature)
- A collection of proven headlines for Facebook or email subject lines to get more opens
Because they are often collected from varying sources, you can usually get away with them being less visually appealing or varied in appearance.
What do your clients struggle to do themselves, that you can train them through? I know that some of my clients have struggled getting the Instagram app on their phone, creating a business account, connecting it to Facebook and creating their first post. That whole process could easily be filmed and shared as a video training guide – especially now phones allow you to film your screen as you use it.
Video training gives valuable and engaging information to your leads. It can be a more efficient way of delivering information as it is easy to be consumed anytime anywhere through mobile devices.
PROS: It has a high perceived value and can be accessed anytime. A range of software and desktop apps are available that make screen recording and screen sharing quick and easy.
CONS: Can be expensive to produce if it requires post-production (such as editing, titles or audio)
Other video training ideas for social media marketers to share could include:
- A screencast of how to use a relevant application or website. Eg how to use Canva to create Facebook posts.
- Explainer videos of how to add Facebook icons or pixels to their website
- Explainer videos of how to use live video, with the best sound and lighting.
The key is to not “fear” giving away your trade secrets. Be open and willing to share your knowledge. Your ideal clients will appreciate the honesty, see the value in what you do and choose to hire you although you’ve just shown them how to do it themselves. Ideal clients know that they aren’t better off doing it themselves and that their business will benefit from hiring a professional.
Resource lists can be a starter kit with your recommendations for tools, books, websites, or downloadable contents that can aid your leads to achieving specific results. Typically they are useful things or a set of sources or ideas that your ideal clients would be interested in using.
PROS: Resource lists are super easy to create as they are based on other people’s content.
CONS: They require ongoing maintenance when they include links to other online resources (like websites or external links), as those links might change or stop working. You don’t want to frustrate your potential leads by sending them something that is broken. Similar to ebooks, increase the perceived value by using good graphic design.
Resource lists can also help you generate passive income by including Affiliate links within the resources you are sharing. Social Media Marketers could create resource lists around topics including:
- Social Media Marketing Blogs
- Social Media Publishing Templates
- Social Media Marketing Ebooks
- Social Media Marketing Courses
- Social Media Marketing Videos
- Social Media Podcasts
- Slideshows & Infographics About Social Media
- Social Media Design Tools
Templates for infographics, emails, websites, posters, proposals, business documents, and other easily reusable outputs can work well to attract leads as people always want to save time and money. Pre-made templates that suit a specific purpose achieves that.
PROS: People love saving time. If your business is in a field whereby similar tasks or activities are performed then creating templates for others to use is perfect.
CONS: Templates are quite common and almost everything has been templated so yours needs to be somewhat unique or very specific to an untapped niche.
The types of templates a social media marketer could share are wide and varied, some suggestions are:
- A scripted email series your clients could use as part of their client on-boarding or project handover process. Think about your ideal or existing clients, what processes might they have in common that are managed through email. How could those email messages be templated to help them save time or create a more efficient business?
- A social media posting schedule could also be set up as a template that clients can download, modify to suit their business and use.
Standard Operating Procedures are another well-suited lead magnet to social media marketers. Create SOPs for any standard process that could benefit your clients. EG DIY social media content creation & posting processes.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOP) is a set of instructions, or documentation, that outlines the actions for a task or routine activity. The structure of an SOP should be linear, easy to read, concise, with simple and clearly outlined steps. If your business has an activity that is replicable in other businesses, and it is proven effective, then sharing that process can be highly valuable
PROS: New to the lead magnet sphere so they are a new and fresh approach. Creating an SOP is firstly beneficial to your own business, and then a helpful tool for others.
CONS: Really can’t think of any. SOPs for the WIN!
If you use a social media strategy plan with all your clients, then that could be turned into an SOP that you share. One, it is possibly a process they can implement in their own business. Second, it gives them insight into how you work with clients and what it will be like for them to work with you.
You might educate your clients about the sales funnel process, the significance of lead magnets, sales pages, call to actions, etc. Implementing a basic funnel follows a standard process all of which can be turned into an SOP.
Are you ready to take your Lead Magnets SERIOUSLY?
The One Funnel Away Challenge is the perfect place for you to learn everything you need to know about building Sales Funnels. They go through everything in detail, so even if you’re a newbie and have never built a funnel before, this would be an appropriate Challenge for you to do…